Friday, November 6, 2009

Think!

I have always been a huge movie buff...Back during hostel days I remember going out to watch every single Friday release with my room mates just to discuss it over the Saturday breakfast table and recommend it to the rest of the gang!

Today was one such Friday. I picked up the newspaper and discovered a couple of new releases....I had been to a movie last week only to entertain my little princess - "Aladin" if you please!
Anyway, as a reward to myself for the hard work behind my evaluation, I called my friend and we decided to go watch the movie at 10am today!!!
We picked JAIL. I have always had huge expectations out of Madhur Bhandarkar as a film maker. Let me add here, though I have always loved English cinema...I am a tad inclined towards our very own Bollywood and to see it coming of age is a great relief!

It was no surprise to see Neil Nitin Mukesh act so brilliantly...and kudos to the make up guy...i think that person really did a great job with Neil's look. The protagonist hardly had any lines to say but wow..i was taken in by the brilliance of his emotions and the potrayal of the same. Neil, Im sure you will go a long way....there is absolutely no doubt!

What kept me thinking is how our minds can be...We are controlled all by what our minds tell us to. I recently finished reading Emotional Intelligence and while watching the movie could relate to it completely. Some things that I learnt from the movie today and I pick some of the dialogues (hope there is no trademark issues here!)

1. "Ek second ka gussa aur mein yahaan do saal se hoon" - Its, after all, the split second emotion that we cannot manage or control that goes a long way in deciding who we are today and what we will become tomorrow.
2. "Did you miss me" - Relationships are so important. It is only in the times of despair and unhappiness one realises who is yours and who is not. It is so important to love and be loved. If we had love all around us, there would be no complications at all. Sigh!...if only we could follow this simple thing called Love

3. "Admi bura nahi hota, waqt bura hota hai" - Everyone is born equal. Though most of the time we may believe that we carve ourselves into what we are, it is also important to realise that there is something called destiny, luck and timing. There are certain things that are beyond explanation and we must treat that with respect too.

4. "Zindagi mein haar maan bhi jaao, tabhi bhi ummeed mat chhodna" - Hope is everything. Hope gives us the will to live and love. Hope brings in a new day, a better day. Give up hope and be ready to give up on life
5."Thank you! aaj pehli baar kissi ne mujh se pocha hai ki mein gunehgaar hoon ya nahi" - Reminds me of Covey's 5th Habit - Seek first to understand and then to be understood. Empathy goes a long way. In our times of quick fix, we view the world as we see it. Putting ourselves in someone else's shoes and feeling through them is empathy. If only we would not react, if only we try to see the other side, if only we could be better listener's..if only!
There are tons of such dialogues that got me thinking and by the end of the movie I was itching to write. I know one would want to watch the movie for themselves and hence a couple of lines more and I would have a fleet of friends ready to kill me...
Enjoy the movie and think!




5 comments:

  1. ha ha ha samit...i assume u talk for me coz nec 11 will never understand what im trying to say!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree Manisha....I know the mental level of that course...so warned them in advance...and as I see..the wives are smarter.

    ReplyDelete