Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy!

I sometimes wonder what are the things that make me happy....A friend of mine told me to "grow up"..and I have been hearing this since I was 7 maybe!...another one called me a "joker" and someone else "funny"...

Looking at all the adjectives bestowed on me, I know I want to derive happiness from everything that is around me..so I decided to just list a few things that make me smile, make me happy and like the song says.."my dil goes mmmmmmmm!!!!"...I wonder if someone else finds this familiar!

I find myself smiliing when:

  • See a new flower bloom in my so called garden (of precisely 4 pots!!),  the morning i open my balcony door.
  • To see an old friend come online and we chat secretly during office hours!
  • To know some close friend's pet name I never knew existed and tease them till I get bored of it!
  • Somesh calling unexpectedly...
  • Poku laughing at some joke she considers only hers.
  • See Poku fight with some older kids to get her way.
  • See a dude gymming his guts out..
  • Make a verbal blunder(oh I am so good at it!).
  • People say "gosh! u have lost weight!"(its been a while since someone said that though!)
  • Smile from a passerby!
  • A smiling cabbie
  • A handsome dude checking himself in the mirror.
  • Smell of wet soil
  • Aroma of  home cooked meal
  • Smell of a new book
  • Hot brewing coffee in the winters of Darjeeling
  • Meeting old friends and going berserk laughing over old days (SIMS!!!!!!)
  • Boiled bhutta with butter(smack smack!!)
  • A new painting made by Prakriti
  • Lunch at Churchill
  • A parcel I did not expect
  • A call from an old forgotten friend
  • A tight hug from Somesh in public
  • Poku saying"I love you"(to get her way!!)
  • Seeing my mum on facebook.
  • Reading the comments of my friends on my blog!
  • A book full of Pj's (love the sindhi and santa banta ones)
.....and the list is endless..........God I thank you for everything and keeping me happy even in the most distressing and trying times...My vow to you...I will be happy!...Im the new "Happy Singh!!!"






3 comments:

  1. Glad to see that U derive pleasure from the smallest tings in life....Nice way to make the best of life.

    And just to think back....for the last 12 - 13 - 14 years that I have known U....I dont think I have ever seen U....well not smiling... :)

    Keep going strong.....(inspite of the weight loss)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought a call from an old forgotten friend would make u smile : )

    ReplyDelete